Including an omelette in this blog may seem like a waste, because they are so simple. But it’s because of its simplicity that this omelette is so divine, and must not be ignored. It is one of the first recipes that everyone learns and is a constant pleasure throughout your entire life.
- 3 free range eggs
- A few dollops of Crème Fraiche
- A handful of your favourite chopped herbs (Sorrel, tarragon, parsley, chives and marjoram all work well)
- A little butter for the pan
- Whisk three eggs with salt and pepper. Melt some butter in a six inch frying pan over a medium heat.
- When the butter starts to foam, and the egg mixture. When it’s in the pan, turn down the heat just a little and add a few dollops of creme fraiche here and there.
- Allow to cook for about 30 seconds, before adding a generous handful of your chopped chopped herbs.
- Cook for just a little longer, until the egg is just set. Serve with buttered bread and a glass of crisp white wine.
We hope you have enjoyed our month of egg recipes and that you find the time to enjoy them at home. Whichever you choose to make you are sure to love it and if you get the eggs for free from your own hens then it is sure to taste even better! Stay tuned for more great recipes from us very soon.